Saturday, April 07, 2007

Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

Guaranteed way for people (other than your parents) to treat you like your 7: Go out when its (sort of) cold without a jacket.

I am so fucking tired of people (some random) making some comment or another about my lack of extra layers. They either think Im nuts for not having one, or insist that I go back to my car/house/whatever and get it, sense I must have forgotten it.

Eh, 'forget' implies that my omission was not intentional.

I usually didnt bring a jacket because, to me, 50-something degrees(f) doesnt warrant the need for one. It needs to be down another 10 or so for me to consider it. Or just be really really windy.

One of the few good memories of my pre-college life sort of revovled around this. The assistant principal at my highschool was always...amused at this. Id be in school in jeans and a t shirt, jacket stuffed in my bookbag ( I couldnt get away with leaving the house without it, back then). She'd be monitoring the courtyard huddled in these heavy jackets that the football coaches had. She rarely 'told' me to put my jacket, because she knew that the weather didnt bother me. She wasnt blind. No shivering, no goosebumps...though she did get a few laughs at my expense when the wind picked up.
Ms. Perry was one of the (very) few highlights of highschool.

26/30
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home