Thursday, March 29, 2007

who are you, and WTF are you doing in my car?????

Some months ago, when I was at the bowling alley, I went to get something from my car. As I was walking to the lot, I noticed an old red bike sitting in the lot near my car. I found this odd, because most people dont park bikes in the middle of a lot. They tie/chain it to something. After a second or two, it ceased to be interesting and I turned around, getting ready to put the key in the lock.

Except theres someone sitting in the drivers seat.

In the space about half a second, I went from being midly-but-no-longer-curious about a bike to really really pissed off. I jerked the door open and nicely (ok...not really) asked him what the fuck he thought he was doing, and to get out. Needless to say, he hauled ass out, and as I glanced back to make sure he didnt take anything, he got on his bike and hauled ass out of there.

In hindsight, theres a lot of things I couldve (or should have) done differently.
-Had I been paying a tad more attention, he wouldve been visible from the door of the center.
-Confronting him was probably a bad idea. I know damn well he couldve been armed. Oh well. I was already there. Why not go all the way.
- Turning ones back on the bad guy is always a bad idea.
- Sinse I did establish that he (probably) wasnt armed, I couldve taken him. Easily. But no... I had to make sure my satelite radio was still there, giving him the opportunity to run.


On a brighter note, because of this B&E episode my back window is now functional. Whatever this guy did to break in involved doing something via the back window. It didnt work before hand.


18/30
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home