Sunday, July 22, 2007

I dont work here, damnit! Leave me alone!

It never fails. At one time or another, in many of the stores Ive been in someone has approached me for some kind of assistance, thinking I work there.

Sometimes, it baffles me. Im wandering around in jeans and one of my odder t-shirts, and the actual associates have on a nice store-logo shirt and khakis.

Apparently, I give off that vibe. Or atleast, thats what the person at Dillards told me. I was lurking around waiting for the people I was with to try on pajamas¹, and she said that the way I was looking around made it very easy for people to think that I worked there. Huh. I dont know how I managed that.

I plan to get one of these shirts, and once I leave my current post at the bowling alley, I plan to wear it every time I go.


¹ Why in the world does anyone need to take 15 minutes to try on PJs??? No, not those lingerie thingys from Victoria's Secret. Those dont count. These are just plain ol' top and bottoms that your going to sleep in. There's no alternate motive here. None! Your just sleeping! Theres really no need to spend 15 minutes trying the things on to see which looks better.
Besides, whats wrong with lounge pants and an old t-shirt? Loads cheaper.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home