Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Take a message, will ya?

When I was at school, a couple of the upper level english classes (and some others) focused on resume building and some helpful hints when scoring that one big job.

For instance, having a contact email such as Whiskey_Jack69@yahoo.com wont score many points. It takes less than five minutes to make a new yahoo account for JBillings or JamesBillings or something a tad more formal. It was the same with voicemail. If a prospective employer calls you up to leave a message only to hear "Yo, dis be Big J...you know the drill, man..." In some voice you think sounds cool, do you really think your going to get that message?

All this week Ive been making calls to various bowlers to see if they plan on returning for the fall season, and apparently, theres a new thing in the world of voicemail and such. Instead of the standard dialtone I hear while waiting for the party to pick up, they can program something so that I hear someones favorite tune instead. Same with voice mail. I listen to about 10 seconds of some song til someone finally tells me to leave a message after the beep...only to here another ten seconds of music before the damn thing beeps.

This is cool. Id stick this on my phone if I knew how.

I just wish people would be a little more...picky about what they play.
Granted, Im pretty sure none of the people that have these are in the job market, but do you really think I want to listen to how some girl/guy reeeeaaaallly wants this other dude/girl in their bed and what theyre going to do when they get there? Seriously people, there are all kinds of places to share your favorite music. Your VM Box isnt neccesarily one of em.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home