Wednesday, April 11, 2007

uh oh

This morning, I spent a couple hours over at the vampires Redcross for my monthly platelet donation. This thing usually takes about a couple of hours, so I came armed with my book and my trusty Zen mp3 player to pass the time. The particular center I visit also has TVs set up for movies, but usually something Im not interested in is already playing (read:chickflick), or the other patrons are perfectly happy watching Dr. Phil do whatever it is he does.

I finished (and passed!) the pre-procedure exam (iron count), and headed to the main area where the chairs were set up. I set my book and Zen on the bench they pointed out to me, and made a quick pitstop. A bathroom break in the middle of a donation is a very. bad. thing. Or, I guess it would be.
Anyway, I came back, picked up my stuff and moved to sit down. I felt it first. The Zen had started to slide, and before I could catch it, it fell to the floor with a clatter.

Shit.

To make matters worse, I dont have a case for it. I got the Zen Touch near the end of its run a year and a half ago, and by that time Zen Micro's were on the market. All the Zen things were made for it. And of course there was iPod stuff.

Although, it didnt sound all that bad, and it landed flat, not bouncing off a corner.

I picked it up, hoping upon all hope that I didnt break the thing. Turning it on, I was relieved to see that it booted.

A minute later, when I went to find a playlist, it was still on the title screen.

Shit. again.

4 hours later, its still sitting like that.

It wouldnt turn on, it wouldnt dock to my computer. It just sits there.

At this point, Im waiting for the battery to die and shut the player down, then try again. If that doesnt work, then I have two options:

1) SOMEWHERE is paperwork and warranty stuff. Plus I got it at WallyWorld, so I might be able to weasle something. But its been to long so I doubt it.

2)Get a Zen Vision M
and yes, the Vision has a nice little skin/case thingy.


29/30
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home