Sunday, March 18, 2007

Stumbling around....

Okay, so I know that these posts arent supposed to be "follow this cool link" for fillers...but this isnt an "I Have Nothing To Write, So Here's a Cool Link" post.

Thats for tomorrow. Or maybe the day after.

About the same time I started this insane blogging project, I also followed a little linky to an add-on called StumbledUpon. Select your interests, and hit the magic button. Viola! Random sites to play on.

I really dont want to think about the time Ive wasted with this little button. I could have been doing something like playing Fallen Sword or Gothador or reading fanfic, or one of the 3 novels I have stashed somewhere (yes, I read more than one book at a time). Oh, and job hunting. Thats important.

Ive got a bookmark file thats crammed with some of this stuff, and I ended up adding a couple extra Mozilla addons and greasemonkey scripts that came through.
Yes, Im aware that both of these can be found via the addons page on the mozilla website, but this was more fun.

Hell, I added about 4 or 5 scripts for greasemonkey, and I only remember what two of them are. One's a dictionary/search thingy that allows you highlight a word, right click (or maybe hit a letter) and itll give you said definition or go off and search (whatever you wanted to do).

The other one I remember getting put RSS feed buttons in an easy to find place so I dont have to hunt them down. Perhaps I should hunt the rest down later.


Anyway, out of all the interests that I listed, it tends to give me a lot of cat-related links. Video montages of America's Funniest Video-type antics, and lots of pictures. My two favorites is this story thread, and a pic blog that has pictures using yet another form of tech speak (WTF is that anyway??? something to go along with that emo bullshit popping around?)

Im a cat person. Have you figured that out yet?

LikeBetter is freaky. It shows you two pictures, and you click on whichever one you liked better. After doing this for a few sets, the little 'brain' under the sets turns pink, and itll tell you something about yourself. 80% of the time, the damn thing is right.

Its also sent me to a bunch of online flash-type java whatever games, like a Mario thing, and a couple quiz games, and an interesting sand...thing.

As it goes, if your looking for a good way to waste time, or even some decent information about a particular subject,the stumbledupon Firefox add-on is the place find it.

Although, I suppose this should be a Mozilla/Firefox Browser plug as well, as you have to have it.

Come on people, lets step away from IE. Its a piece of poo, and you know it. Especially if you upped to 7. 6 was tolerable. 7, is..well, shit.
Make the change. You know you want to.


8/30
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home