Thursday, March 15, 2007

More work blah

While Im more than a little eager to finally get a new job, at one point I was hesitant about leaving before my employers hired more laneserver-type people. As Ive said earlier, the bowlers are dependant upon the service, and not having it would suck. I like the bowlers. Well, most of em.

I asked my boss yesterday if he were planning on hiring any more laneservers. He said he certainly wasnt going to hire highschoolers for the position (which is apparently what the primary demographic among applicants is). Which is all well and good, as we sell a shitload of alcohol. 16 and 17 year olds cant even touch a beerglass, much less serve liquor.

When I mentioned that UNC Charlotte was barely 5 miles up the road and would be an optimal place to recruit, he just shrugged it off. Atleast, thats what it looked like to me.

The front counter has gotten new people. The snackbar has gotten new people. The only other laneserver has been assigned mainly in the snackbar, with the exception of two days. It used to be that snackbar and laneservers were cross-trained to do either. That hasnt been happening for awhile.

When the time comes for me to move on, and they dont have anyone trained to replace me...

Tough shit. They know Im searching for more permanent work. If they dont want to adequatly prepare themselves, thats not my problem.


7/30
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home