Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Well, we've decided. In outer space it's okay to wear white shoes after Labor Day.

While I was working, someone stopped me and out of the blue asked me how many pairs of shoes I had. Apparently, that was the discussion of choice at their table and they were using me to prove a point.

For some reason, they were shocked when I gave them a grand total of 6 pairs, only 4 of which I wear on a semi-regular basis.

What can I say? I hate shoes. I hate wearing the damn things. Given the option, Id go around barefoot.

And I did. Unless there was a 'shirt/shoes required' thing somewhere, I spent the better part of a semester going to classes and the whatnot barefoot. I also spent a good bit of this past winter tuning out "Where are you shoes!!!" lectures after forgetting (Yes, I usually forgot. Its gotten to the point where its not something I think about) to get shoes before heading outside to get the paper/mail, fill the feeders, etc.

With the exception of work and bowling, Ive been wearing my chaco sandals for a couple weeks now. If the winter and fall seasons are mild like they have been the past couple years, Ill be wearing them primarily until at least November.

11/30
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home