Saturday, March 24, 2007

Just One

How often is it that a single number can mean so much? A single run, goal, or a point. A margin of less than a second can mean the difference between a victory or a defeat, or in some cases, life or death.

No, Im not about to bore you with an epic tale of how someone managed to escape death at the last possible second. Go watch an action movie for that. Besides, Im horrible at those kinds of stories, anyway.

I did, however, miss bowling a 600 series by one pin.

One. Fricking. Pin.

Im sure some of you know the mood. Im standing on the approach, taking the last shot of the tenth frame. All I needed was a 9, and bam! 600 Series.

So of course I rolled an 8.

Okay, so yes, 599 is a new high series for me, and I have a new best game of 239. But missing that last pin completely blew THAT cloud I was on away. Faaaarrrr away.
Though to be completely honest, missing the 600 wasnt quite as bad as the 3 or 4 times I rolled a 199 or 198 before hitting my first 200 game.


Luck 13/30
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home